You can use the checklist below to prepare yourself to the path of home ownership. Should you have any questions during the process, contact your Real Estate Network Group professional and they will gladly assist you.
Estimated Costs and Knowing Your Budget
- Determine how much money you have available for a down payment.
- Get a rough estimate of your expected monthly mortgage payment by working with your lender or mortgage advisor.
- Be educated on your options concerning interest rates and various loan terms.
- Start gathering all of your financial documents. Your lender or mortgage advisor can give you a list of documents you will need.
- Get a pre-approval loan from a reputable mortgage professional (your real estate professional can provide you with referrals)
- Organize your documents and information before applying for a mortgage.
- Obtain a pre-approval letter.
Find the Right Home for You
- Choose a Real Estate Professional.
- Investigate neighborhoods and schools.
- If you are relocating, be sure to conduct a cost-of-living comparison.
- Put together a “Wish List” and prioritize those features.
- Preview properties.
- Make an offer and negotiate a final price.
- Get a home inspection.
Close the Purchase
- Your real estate professional and the escrow officer generally walk home buyers through the process of meeting contract contigencies and scheduling settlements.
- MOVE IN AND CELEBRATE.